Contents Insurance

Look after your belongings.

Contents insurance is perfect if you want to cover your belongings in case of theft or damage (from fire, flood, etc). It might also be required by landlords or estate agencies if you are renting the property.

Some policies might cover your items from accidental damage – please read the terms carefully so you know exactly what is being protected, from what and for what sum. Remember that building itself is not covered in this type of insurance.

Each insurer has a maximum amount they will cover your belongings for and usually a maximum amount for single item too.

Especially tricky might be jewellery and camera equipment so it is necessary for you to know their value and discuss the options with adviser. You can lower the cost of policy if you have burglar alarm, locks on windows or take part in a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.

Your premiums might go up or insurer might refuse to offer you cover if your claims are similar and happen regularly.

Omega Financial Brokers Ltd act as a credit broker not a lender.